Looking your best everyday can be a tough challenge. It requires organization and making sure your clothes and accessories are in good condition. Looking good everyday starts with looking after what is in you closet, so we’ve sourced 18 life hacks to keep you looking your best everyday.
- Get rid of oily stains using baby powder.
2. Get rid of static on your pants by pinning a safety pin on the inside hem of each leg.
3. Got a button about to unravel off your shirt? Dab some clear nail polish over the threads to keep the button in place.
4. Stop your fly going down by hooking a ring key holder through the zipper and attach it around the waist button.
5. Polish and buff your black leather shoes using a crunched up newspaper. Make sure it’s black print, coloured pages won’t work.
6. Buff away marks on suede shoes using an emery board.
7. Wash and rinse delicates using a colander.
8. Use a disposable razor to remove fluff off clothing.
9. Remove pilling on knits by using the green rough part of a sponge. Rub this over the pilling and you will be left with a smooth knit.
10. Protect your clothes when travelling by placing shower caps over the soles of your shoes.
11. If you have a shrunk shirt, bring it back to it’s original size by placing the shirt into a tub of water and kids shampoo (1 litre water to 1 spoon of shampoo). Leave the shirt in the water for half an hour. Squeeze the water out and place the t-shirt between two towels for 10 minutes, then stretch the shirt out to it’s original size. Leave it to dry.
12. Iron a shirt collar using a hair straightener.
13. Using a paper clip to fasten a bracelet one handed.
14. Sick of losing half of your earrings? Why not use buttons to keep your earrings together?
15. Protect your clothes by using a pillow case a garment bag.
16. Keep your necklaces from getting tangled by using straws.
17. Prevent your dark denim jeans from facing by adding half a glass of vinegar to the washing machine.
18. Use a straw to thread a chord through the narrow holes in a hoodie.